Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

Top 5 Friday


This week has certainly been eventful, so I thought I would post my top five favorite things from this week, David Letterman's Top Ten style.

Five:
Yeah, maybe I am a little late in the game (who starts a blog in 2014?), but I am just now discovering this photo editing app called VSCO Cam.  This app makes my top 5 faves for the week because it makes me feel like a hipster photographer even though I'm super not.
I took this one over 4th of July of my outfit for the day. 


Four:
Netflix. 
Consistent with my 'behind the times' theme here I finally gave in and got Netflix. What's next on my horizon? Spotify premium?
Anyway it's been great for watching old reruns of The Office which is my go-to way to relax after a crazy week. I also discovered this show called Once Upon a Time. Two episodes in, so far so good!

Three:
Andy's Frozen Custard. This place is a Tyler favorite for the locals and tourists alike. I have been getting chocolate concrete with Reese's peanut butter cups mixed in because I am a child. Actually, I am a child because I ate Andy's frozen custard for dinner yesterday. Whoops.



Two:
Saw You First--Givers.
I am all about this song this week. My friend Camille (see below) told me about Givers and they are so great! Definitely on my Summer 2014 playlist.
If you know me, you know I love live music. There is a YouTube channel called LaBlogotheque that does these amazing "take-away shows". This is a live version that the Givers recorded in a kitchen. You can even see them using kitchen items for percussion. How cool?! The song actually starts at about 1:40 if you wanna skip ahead.



One:
I get to spend this weekend with one of my dearest friends/roommates, Camille! She spent the last couple of months interning with an inner city ministry called City Impact in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. This girl loves on people so well and is just such a great reflection of Jesus! We are going to explore her hometown and Dallas this weekend which will be a blast. Post to come about our findings! :)

So no matter how crazy or hectic your week may have been, take Maria's advice and remember a few of your favorite things and then you won't feel so bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment