Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

along for the ride.

Hello and welcome to my blog!

I have secretly been wanting to start a blog for a while now but for some reason never followed through. I wanted a space where I can write about how Jesus is continually changing my life, share recipes and crafts from Pinterest, fashion, music I love, travel dreams, whatever! Yes that may seem a little eclectic and scattered, but that is my life--an organized mess.

Well, here we go.

Now I am going to preface this blog by asking you would come into it with little to no expectations. I'm not sure how often I will post or what they will look like when I do.
I say this because I have found that I come into any new experience with TONS of expectations. Sometimes I will lie in bed at night creating scenarios in my head, and when considering major life decisions I will tirelessly scour every possible situation. 
But for what? Can I, by worrying, add one moment to my life? {Matthew 6:27 has the answer} (spoiler alert: no. no I cannot.)

You see, the Lord is teaching me right now a little thing about expectations and control and how His plans are so. much. better.

I graduated high school and started my freshman year at Texas A&M thinking I would leave with a business degree. JOKES. I joined organizations, took many different types of classes, and changed majors. A lot of other ups and downs along the way came in four years but all that to say is almost everything I thought would happen totally did not go down that way. 
But I LOVED the way it all turned out!
So why do I continue to think my way is better?

So here I am, taking a giant leap of faith in Tyler, Texas, trusting that God has me here for a beautiful purpose. I'm just along for the ride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment